My blog has moved!

Visit http://blog.adamroderick.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 25, 2008

SharePoint Test-Driven Development Resources

I have been tasked with figuring out how to integrate test-driven development into my company's new development process. One of the important points is how to do TDD with SharePoint development, which I am not too familiar with. The best I could come up was creating an interface-based service layer around SharePoint. That way, you could have stub or fake classes that implement the interface.
After looking at some mocking frameworks, I realized you could have a manager class that is not interface based and mock the manager when testing. I have a long way to go, but based on the list of articles below, I think I am on the right track. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Woodward said...

Adam, I have started to publish some whitepapers on TDD SharePoint development. You can view part 1 here http://www.21apps.com/agile/beginners-guide-to-test-driven-web-part-development/attachment/unit-testing-sharepoint-solutions-the-basics/

October 30, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Thanks, Andrew. I added your link to the list.

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home