My blog has moved!

Visit http://blog.adamroderick.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BizTalk and Virtual PC

Always use SysPrep or some other cloning tool to make copies of virtual hard drives. I am working on a project to interact with Commerce Server 2007. I am developing on a virtual machine that is a copy of the virtual machine that is running Commerce Server. I just could not get the Orders Receive Adapter to work. It kept giving the following error, which is MSDTC related:


Failed submitting message to BizTalk. Message: The transaction has already been implicitly or explicitly committed or aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D00E).


After working on the MSDTC settings on both virtual machines, the real error finally showed up in the event log:


The local MS DTC detected that the MS DTC on COOKIMAGE has the same unique identity as the local MS DTC. This means that the two MS DTC will not be able to communicate with each other. This problem typically occurs if one of the systems were cloned using unsupported cloning tools. MS DTC requires that the systems be cloned using supported cloning tools such as SYSPREP. Running 'msdtc -uninstall' and then 'msdtc -install' from the command prompt will fix the problem. Note: Running 'msdtc -uninstall' will result in the system losing all MS DTC configuration information.


On my local development machine (the one running BizTalk, not the one running Commerce Server), I uninstalled MSDTC, had to reboot before reinstalling, reinstalled MSDTC, and reconfigured MSDTC. The Orders Receive Adapter is now functioning correctly.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Funny you mention this in your blog. I ran into this same exact issue last night (mine wasnt biztalk related, though) while I was troubleshooting why disaster recovery wasnt working. I uninstalled msdtc and re-installed (2 reboots) and everything was working fine! Wish I had read your blog when you posted it! Would've saved me an hour or two of troubleshooting!

April 30, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home