My blog has moved!

Visit http://blog.adamroderick.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Enterprise Line of Business Adapter Tracing

I am working with the BizTalk JDE adapter, and this is a very handy feature. A couple of times already I was just stuck, but examining the trace logs gave me the additional information I needed to troubleshoot my error. I do not have a lot of experience with tracing, so it took me a bit to catch on to exactly how it works.

The documentation is here. Here are my exact steps:
  1. Download and install the Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK (google it to find the version you need--I was developing on Windows Server 2003). All you really need is one file--tracelog.exe
  2. Copy tracelog.exe to your adapter installation directory. Mine was C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne(r)\Bin
  3. Open a command prompt and go to that same directory. Run the command BTAJDEEnterpriseOneTrace.cmd -transmitter -start. This uses tracelog.exe to start a trace.
  4. Run whatever BizTalk-to-JDE process is giving you problems.
  5. From the command prompt again, run the command BTAJDEEnterpriseOneTrace.cmd -transmitter -stop to stop the trace.
  6. Run the command tracerpt C:\rtlog.etl -o C:\log.csv, where C:\log.csv is where you want your report to go.
  7. This is now a CSV file containing much more information than what the adapter sends to the event log. I opened Excel and imported the data to make it more readable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home